Thanks to Blue Cross Blue Shield for the FREE entry too. (last year I heard that they gave out a bunch of free entries about a month before the race, so we held out this year and sure enough, got them! $85 race for free! holla!)
Friday night we relaxed at home with a pizza, Saturday I went to the expo to pick up my number, Saturday night I carb loaded with some homemade baked potato soup and rolls, and today I ran the half before church.
I'd call it a productive weekend over here. Oh, and Kyle studied. Guess who's back full time in school again?!!! So exciting! Life is good.
I love going to the race expos with all the runners and booths and getting pumped up the day before! Side note though--- EVERY morning of a race, when it's dark and cold outside at 5am, I think to myself, "why do I do this???" Every. single. time.
Then I get to the start line, run, and to the finish line and REMEMBER WHY.
Personal Record!
This race will always hold a special place in my heart and I plan on making it a tradition every year I live here. As I passed all the mile markers this year, it felt like just yesterday I was running the marathon and I vividly remembered everything.


I knew you were going to PR when you blasted past us!:) So proud of you! You should seriously try to BQ at this one next year. Even though it's hillier than Savannah, the weather just makes it perfect. And somehow, I'm starting to appreciate hills for the different muscles they use. You know, you aren't just pounding the same thing over and over for 26 miles.
ReplyDeleteYou are FAST! Good job!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS on your PR, that's an awesome time!!
ReplyDeleteYum, homemade baked potato soup and rolls sounds delicious for pre-run fueling. I also like to eat pizza the night before a race, I feel like it's a good carb/protein mix-- and it's good you had pizza 2 nights beforehand, I also believe that carbing up 2 nights before is really important too!
Anyway, very exciting, so happy for you!!
(and PS glad about full time school again!)