Sunday, January 13, 2013

first race of 2013

So apparently there's a bad case of the flu going around the country.  Well i didn't get hit with that thank goodness, but did get a pretty annoying cold this week.  I started taking this stuff like it was candy, although it tastes far from it.  naaaaasty. 


Not sure where i got it, but the fluctuating temperatures may have something to do with it.  it was 70 degrees this weekend. No joke.  And probably 150% humidity.  I was totally ok with this for Saturday's race though. 

"Red Nose Run" (which probably could be renamed as red face run) is a 10 mile race to benefit the Ronald McDonald House.  I'm all about racing for a good cause and knowing my money is going somewhere important.  I look delirious in this picture, but it was a fun race! A couple of good thigh-burning hills too. Finished 9th in my age group with a time of 1:24.  Top 10 with a cold? I'll take it.

Lastly, I'll share one of my favorite pictures from 2013.  Picked this guy up on my way home from work Friday. He's just lookin so good! Sorry, I couldn't resist.  


1 comment:

  1. I love your shirt at the Red Nose Run. Nice and bright--perfect! And I got so used to no-hair Kyle that I almost didn't recognize him at church on Sunday.:) We need to have you guys over for dinner one night, BTW.

    ReplyDelete