Thursday, September 20, 2012

running and the life of a future dr.

Workouts lately:
Last Saturday- 20 miles. proof=

It was a pretty....blah...not my best run for me.  My stomach was killing me, but I pushed through and took a 2 hour nap later to prepare my self to "stay up" (hahaha) for the game.  Which I don't want to talk about right now.  I stopped fell asleep watching it.  Lilo did too. 

she chose to turn her head from the tv
This week's runs so far: 8 miles of sprints on Monday, 5 miles last night, and 11 this morning. So if I can run 11 miles at race pace, I can run 26 at it, right?  We shall see. Today was a) my record miles I've ever run on a treadmill b) my record miles I've run pre-work. This month is go time.  The month before the taper! We're getting close!

Random side note-- we got some patio furniture off craigslist last weekend so we can thoroughly enjoy the backyard and dinners accompanied w/ sunsets and cool nights.  It's great.  And for the record, I put on long sleeves last night. Heavenly!!!

Kyle went to the gym this week for the first time in 9 months! Annnnnddd he's sore.  But he's liking getting back to normal(ish) life.  He's also been shadowing an orthopedic surgeon this week and loves it.


Don't worry Dr. Bess. You're back on the road to becoming one.

Tomorrow night is Brian Regan! He's coming to Birmingham, AL. Crazy huh? I can already feel the nostalgia for college days setting in. Can't wait to see him in person!

4 comments:

  1. Nice work on your 20 miler, it's the time on your feet that counts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so awesome kyle's working out!! and you are seriously such a crazy runner...there's no way i could ever....you're so hardcore

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the prettiest picture of us! I can't believe it's our last month of training hard. It has been so fun training with you on Saturdays! I wish you were running all of my races!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your is great. 20 miles.....oh that's a rough one but I always love the all day endorphin high afterwards!!!! New follower here! xoxoxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete