Have you ever had everything planned out and then something happens and your life suddenly takes a 180 degree turn? Well I guess that's what makes things interesting.
Thursday night we were walking around the Baytown Warf at Sandestin (enjoying our family vacation at the beach) when Kyle's phone alerted him of an email. No big deal. It's Thursday night. It's probably just junk. He reads it and this time it was far from spam. He turns to me and tells me, "I've been accepted to UAB." In Birmingham.
Ok ok. So we've had our life planned out to go to Mobile since January. We've got a house we've signed a lease for, I've got a nanny job set up, and we're supposed to move August 1st. What now? This decision can only change the next 4 years of our life. And really effect the next 9 years of our life.
Friday was the day of deliberation. Kyle had his pros and cons list going at the beach and we were going back and forth. But by the end of the night, we knew what was best. UAB offers more opportunities in the long run and is a top 25 school. There is just no way he could turn it down. Plus, Birmingham is going to be SUCH a fun place to live!
So in the next 8 days we will be finding an apt, moving to Birmingham, and Kyle will be officially starting medical school. Oh did I mention, Kyle starts school a week from Monday?!
Here. We. Go.
WOW!!! Congratulations to Kyle and have fun you two. It should certainly be an adventure these next couple of weeks. I'm excited you you though. Keep me posted and call anytime.
ReplyDeleteCongarts!!! That is such great news. So happy for u. Great place.
ReplyDeleteWOW! Great news. Very exciting for you guys.
ReplyDeleteOh my dear, that is incredible!!! And crazy!!! Haha! Super good luck with EVERYTHING
ReplyDeleteCRAZY you guys! Goooood luck, and congratulations!
ReplyDeleteTHAT IS AMAZING!!!!! Way to be flexible. You guys rock. Good luck and congratulations!!!
ReplyDeletewhoaaa! What a surprise! Congratulations Kyle!
ReplyDeleteBest of luck to you both! Crazy how things can change in a second- at least you got some relaxin at the beach before life gets crazy!
ReplyDeleteWOW! Congrats! I totally was saddened hearing you were at Sandestin. Missing the beach terribly. Good luck with all the quick changes!
ReplyDeleteYea!!!! Congrats! I'm so excited for you two and even happier because I get to see you there in less than 2 weeks!!! Birmingham will be so great- way to go Kyle
ReplyDelete