In between a organic chemistry test, physics class in SLC, and a long day of genetics, bio, and all those pre-med classes, we still made time to celebrate Kyle's bday with all our great friends, and our cute sisters. While Kyle was in class, I went over to Becca and Abby's apt to make the infamous 15 layer chocolate cake. (yes, you may applaud our pro baking skills). 15 layers of divine heaven! Too bad I don't have a picture to prove it.... anyways, we had a fun weekend! We celebrated with friends at the Pizza factory and then had cookie cake at the apt with everyone.
So last year Becca and I decided to make it a tradition to visit Grandma Lucy and Grandpa Russ up in Boise. We left Thurs night when Kyle finished Physics in SL. We got in about 2am and were pretty wired from the Mountain Dew we stopped and got at 12:30 am. We slept until 10am the next morning and then enjoyed the day off school and work doing what Grandma loves... shopping! We also hit up Chuck-a-Rama at 4pm, so we could get the lunch price and the dinner food. classic! Saturday Kyle studied and bonded with Grandpa over some football games, while Becca, grandma, and I went out on the town for round 2. We went to this awesome consignment store where we all scored some cute, cheap fall clothes. (I may be slightly obsessed with consignment stores) And if we weren't shopping, we were eating or cooking :) We made the best apple crisp and apple salad, and ate tons of fresh apples from their trees.
love this post! love you!
ReplyDeletehappy birthday belated! fun to see what you guys are up to. Love the new hair cut. you look darling! We need to try and get together soon! xoxo
ReplyDelete